Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 13:53:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Where to put data base file

Where do I put this ASCII data base file?  It can be used by
/sbin/scsi to permit you to get and set SCSI mode pages, so for
that reason it could go in "/etc/scsi_modes".

However, the scsi program works without this so it can also go
somewhere in /usr/share if we don't think symboloic setting and
getting of mode pages is something that must be done out of a
minimal boot.

> # SCSI mode page data base.
>
> # Caching page:
> 0x08 {
> 	{Reserved} b5
> 	{WCE} b1
> 	{MF} b1
> 	{RCD} b1
> 	{Demand Retention Priority} b4
> 	{Write Retention Priority} b4
> 	{Disable Pre-fetch Transfer Length} i2
> 	{Minumum Pre-fetch} i2
> 	{Maximum Pre-fetch} i2
> 	{Maximum Pre-fetch Ceiling} i2
> }
>
> # Format device page:
> 0x03 {
> 	{Tracks per Zone} i2
> 	{Alternate Sectors per Zone} i2
> 	{Alternate Tracks per Zone} i2

Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936
dufault@hda.com             Fax:   508 433 5267