Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:34:17 -0400
From:      "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca>
To:        dev@porting.openoffice.org
Cc:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>, openoffice@freebsd.org, kan@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [porting-dev] FreeBSD: Uncatched exception problem

Hi,

I sent this earlier but it never seemed to appear so I will try one more
time.  If you get this twice, I apologize.

Kevin

Thanks for to both Joergs for their help!

There really is only one  frame between the throw in detect and the
try/catch that is supposed to catch it

This frame is in framework/source/services/typedetection.cxx
The method in question is queryTypeByDescriptor()

There are no other throws in that routine at all but it does have a throw
specifier in its signature:

OUString SAL_CALL TypeDetection::queryTypeByDescriptor( Sequence<
PropertyValue >& seqDescriptor, sal_Bool bDeep ) throw( RuntimeException )
{

Is the "throw" really required here?  Could it be preventing the wrapped
exception from passing through this frame?

I agree with the others that adding a

  try
  {
     OUString sDetectorDecision = xDetector->detect( seqDescriptor );
   }
   catch (...)
   {
     fprintf(stderr,"Here !");
     throw
   }

around *BOTH* occurences of

 OUString sDetectorDecision = xDetector->detect( seqDescriptor );

in that method and rebuilding and rerunning it just to see if the problem
happens in this frame or above.

Also you might try removing the throw specifier from this method just in
case it has an impact and is somehow excluding the wrapped runtime
exception from being allowed to pass through?

Kevin