Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 23:05:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        nnd@gw.itfs.nsk.su (Nickolay N. Dudorov)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail version.c and version.m4 unconsistency

> 	I've already write about nonconsistent state
> of sendmail sources in -current - all the sources are of
> version 8.6.11 and only cf/m4/version.m4 file was left at
> 8.6.9 level.
>
> 	Is there any reason for such state apart from
> necessity to do the corrections 'in a right way' ?

No, not really, but it is skipping around the ``right way'' that
has lead to the sources being in the state that they are in.

I have looked at the commitlogs enough to know now that things
did not happen as they should and it is going to be painful
to fix.

> 	Who is sendmail master (in FreeBSD) ?

There is no one designated as the sendmail master.  pst has done the
last 2 updates of it as far as I can tell.