Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 18:39:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        mw@sax.de
Cc:        David Bein <bein@pyramid.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec/SCSI question ...

> > room, or c) the device I want doesn't fit well internally.  I think that
> > call is up to you. Oh... and internal cables are a HECK of a lot cheaper
> > than external ones ;)
>
> Another reason at work was the possibility to share devices (at times where
> good CD-R's were expensive) or the impossibility to squeeze a scanner into
> one of those usual PC cases :-)

<grin> very good point... I wasn't even thinking along the lines of a
device that's too big to stuff in the box =)

If I'm understanding what you're saying though, the AHA2930U2W and the
AHA2940U2W now allow you to support devices off of all connectors, as
opposed to needing to keep a linear configuration?  Just want to make sure
I'm understanding fully.

Regards,
John