Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:27:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Old Way Was Better

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Derik Wilson wrote:
> going to work.  Finally I got SMART and downloaded 5.1.  Burned my CD and
> then rebooted.  From the time I rebooted to the time I was listening to my
> music CD's while learning about crystal space in high res on the net, I
> think it was a total elapsed time of 45 minutes (only because I had to get
> all of the CVS updates).
>
> In short, to hell with 4.x LONG LIVE 5.x !!!!!  =)  Take care fellas and
> keep us newbs alive!

These are both desktop scenarios, not server-type scenarios where real
people get pulled out of bed at 3AM if something isn't working right.

It doesn't matter if your desktop crashes, repeatedly in one day, to ruin
your productivity -- but a server doing down ruins many people
productivity and results in a real loss of money.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris@nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"