Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 07:49:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Adam Szilveszter <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Will Saxon <saxonww@ufl.edu>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arpresolve question

hi!

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Will Saxon wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Lately I have been noticing this particular error pop up on my
> console:
>
> thundarr /kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 127.0.0.1rt
>
> Obviously this is some sort of ethernet thing. I have two Intel
> Pro/100B cards, one to the dorm network and the other to my win98
> machine. I am using natd to allow both machines to access the
> Internet.
Obviously, this has to do with the way your loopback interface (127.0.0.1)
is configured which is why you get the error when you are using X apps as
well. (it uses this interface which references your computer even when you
simply
run an xterm) It would be helpful if you could send the /etc/hosts  file
for starters and maybe we can see something in it...

> Basically I would just like to understand what is going on here and
> what I can do to fix it. I can provide a copy of hosts or whatever if
> that would be more helpful, just mail me off the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will Saxon
You're welcome!

Szilveszter Adam