Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 16:35:51 +0200 (METDST)
From:      Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr (Nicolas SOUCHU)
To:        "Nathan Melhorn" <n_melhor@Telebit.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZIP IOMEGA driver (was Jaz drive questions)

 > I just installed an IOMega parallel port Zip drive into my kernel. It's not
 > part of FreeBSD, I just found the PPA-3 driver on someone's web page
 > (Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr) -- who can't actively support it at this
 > time.

I don't want to worry about ziptools, yet. But ppa3.c release 0.20 is
now available as I promised it in my last mail.

(http://www.prism.uvsq.fr/~son/ppa3.c)

Now the system is not frozen when you use your ZIP drive. A timeout is
scheduled for each scsi request, releasing then some CPU time.

Thanks to Justin T. Gibbs precious help...

 > I don't know about your other problems, since I'm new to FreeBSD and still
 > fooling around with the ZipDrive. Currently the probe at boot time takes 2
 > minutes! I also haven't yet tried formatting it as a Unix disk.

Have you tried to disable the SCSI_DELAY in your MACHINE configuration
file to get faster startup ?

nicolas

Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr