Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 00:12:47 -1000
From:      "Wai Chan" <wai@aloha.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IP Aliasing - FreeBSD with Windows 98

I have followed the guide from www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/ppp.html to
setup IP Aliasing on my newly installed FreeBSD 3.0.  But, ... Windows 98
and FreeBSD could not see each other.

FreeBSD has no problem to connect to the Internet (ftp, telnet, ... no
problem), ep0 is up, gateway_enable=yes, and ppp started with -alias.
Win98's TCP/IP settings has been modified according to the instruction.
Both FreeBSD and Win98 have the same hosts file.

>From FreeBSD server: can ping localhost, bsd.my.domain, but not
win.my.domain.
>From Windows 98: can ping localhost, win.my.domain, but not bsd.mydomain.

It looks like they are not connected (but they are connected - Win98 to
Win98 has no problem).

I would very appreciate it if someone could provide me some guide to solve
the problem.  Thanks!

best wishes,
Wai Chan
wai@aloha.net