Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 1996 16:04:00 +0400 (GMT+0400)
From:      philw@glas.apc.org (Philip Webb)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   uucp and mail not queuing

I've just installed freeBSD and am trying to set up uucp for mail.
It appears my system is not queuing the mail jobs properly, as
sending test messages by--  mail -v "to-address" yields the error:
"to-address"... Connecting to "nodename" (uucp-b)...
batchmail: Cannot write tempfile
"to-address"... Deferred
All messages are deferred to /var/spool/mqueue in the form
df*** and qf***, but after a successful login with the host server
the master- my system- sees no work to do and logs off.

Any ideas?
<philw@glas.apc.org>