Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:36:06 +0200
From:      Mark Huizer <freebsd@dohd.cx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipv6

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 11:05:56PM -0700, William Woods wrote:
> Kind of a generic FreeBSD question here, I have configured all my freebsd
> systems to be on the "6bone" via http://www.freenet6.net/ and it seems to
> be workign fine. My questions is are there any other freebsd users here
> useing ipv6 ? If so, what for.....I know this is kinda a strange question
> but I am just wondering what you all are doing with the ipv6 techonology
> in the system.

We, at Stack, a student computing society in the Netherlands, are
currently trying to use it for various things. Tunnels to home networks
(cable modem machines), we use it for our internal mail delivery
(external is also possible, but noone seems to have ipv6 capable MTA's
in use today :-), and various stuff like irc, a webserver, etc.
At home I try to find the time to get as much as possible internally
switched to IPv6, currently the first things I should have a look at are
portmap, nfs, dns and a webproxy.

mark