Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:29:28 -0500
From:      "Scott M. Nolde" <scott@smnolde.com>
To:        Ian Barnes <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

Ian Barnes(ian@cerebellum.za.net)@2002.03.14 23:26:55 +0000:
> hi,
>
> is there anyway i can set a proxy for my ports collection, because now when
> it wants to download from a http site, it cant, because my proxy needs me to
> authorise. Is there anyware i can set this option .. so it at least asks me
> for the username and password ....
>
> i am running FreeBSD 4.5
>
> Thanks
> Ian

Look in /etc/make.conf (or copy it from /etc/defaults/make.conf) for
# If you're behind a firewall and need FTP or HTTP proxy services for
#FTP_PROXY=      10.0.0.1:21
#HTTP_PROXY=     10.0.0.1:80

There are other neat options to fool with for system optimization and
automation.
--
Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48