Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:09:38 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Mike <mzavuro1@forbin.qc.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation

Mike wrote:
> Thank you.   The network configuration tips helped me connect.
>
> But now I have another problem.  After the installation, the X86Free
> packages did not load and then something called a "base installation"
> along with man and doc could not be found.  I tried installing just the
> X-user.  That did not work either.  I rebooted and here I am back at
> square one.

I'm terribly sorry that I don't remember your particular problem.  It's
a good idea to leave the previous messages when you reply.
Did the entire installation actually complete or were you on the "install
distribution" section of the installation when you started having problems?
If you had problems before a distribution set could be installed, then
you didn't really do anything more than format your disks.
Are you trying to install off FTP?  If so, make sure your network information
was entered properly.  What exactly are you seeing for error messages?
"could not find the server" or "could not find the distribution set"
or something else?
I wish I had more advice for you, but you really need to provide more
detail about what you're trying to do for anyone to help.

> Does this mean I should get the CD or is there a way out?

Buying the CD definately makes things easier.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies