Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 10:24:18 -0800
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu>, committers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gcc-2.7.2.2? Re: ports freeze in 9 1/2 hours

Peter Wemm wrote:

> gcc-2.7.2.2? ?!??  Who? What? How? Where? When?

ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu, of course. I think it's a minor fix to
include Linux-alpha. binutils-2.7 is also out, but it gave me problems
when cross compiling.
> I presume we'd like the version in src/contrib tree updated?

I'd like so :).
> Should we swap f2c out and bring in g77 in it's place?

Actually f2c has also been updated recently in GNU's distributions and
Netlib. IMO since g77 is being developed in parallel with gcc, it would
be nice to bring in g77. As for f2c...I think it is included (and
required) in g77.

Pedro.