Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 23:10:02 +0200 (EET)
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, don@partsnow.com, tristan@mpegtv.com
Subject:   Re: RTP tools (was: Re: Remote and Voice control)

Luigi Rizzo writes:
 > > XFree can be tuned to small enough resolution with interlacing to be
 > > displayed on the TV?
 >
 > you can always try -- hack up some more for interlaced output, 15625Hz
 > oriz. frequency, 50Hz vertical, and try to provide composite sync on
 > the green channel...

I'm clear with the first two ones (though my TV goes up to 60Hz since
it does NTSC also) but how do I provide the composite sync on the
green channel? My card is Diamond Stealth but I can also put in Matrox
Mystique...

 > The only problem is, your monitor might suffer in this case.
 > I don't think they can go as low as 15625Hz of horiz. frequency.

I used to have one that could go that low but I sold it off about a
year ago. But I can always try with the TV set :-)

Pete