Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:30:27 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Kohler, Raymond J" <raymond.j.kohler@lmco.com>, chad@shire.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: how to tell which patchlevel I am at

> From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC [mailto:chad@shire.net]
> I installed 4.5R from the ISOs and then did a cvsup using the tag
> RELENG_4_5 .  Should this have gotten me the latest patchlevel (I
> believe p4) to 4.5R?

I think it should.

> FreeBSD frog1.my.tld 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Thu Apr 25
> 12:10:56 EDT 2002     chad@frog1.my.tld:/usr/src/usr-
> obj/usr/src/sys/FROGMORTON  i386

After I cvsupped my system to RELENG_4_5 in the end of February, my
uname -a begins with:

FreeBSD kuller.raad.tartu.ee 4.5-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p1 #1:
Mon Apr 22 22:22:10 EET 2002

Note the -p1. I believe that cvsupping now shoud get -p4. It seems to
me like something is wrong with your upgrade, but I can't tell what.

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick.