Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:42:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Mike Heffner <mheffner@vt.edu>, freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audit work:  leave.c usage() fix (more obsd sync)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> If you have the opportunity, while you're touching these files you
> might like to go through the OpenBSD CVS repo and patch across other
> commits in the same file/program.  For example, there may be other
> unchecked string operations which were fixed in earlier/later commits.

I've been pondering this, but was wanting to concentrate on more
"security" related updates.  When looking at the cvsweb repo, I check to
see (sometimes :-)) whether or not there are other updates that are worth
the time.

My next push will be for some common fd_set fixes (though, as the other
email states, we'll probably use kqueue instead of poll) and then to
continue work on the openbsd.mbox fixes.  I will put my copy of
openbsd.mbox up at http://www.watson.org/~arr/fbsd-audit/  shortly which
will just state if a cvs commit has been done in fbsd (a patch has been
written, not necesarily commited).

But, yes, I've been staying close to what open has done in their patches,
for #1) consistency and #2) I definetly trust much of their work.

Andrew