Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:10:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr
Cc:        sjr@home.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about ispell port and emacs requirement

 * It is disabled (patch-ab) :
 * date: 1997/06/04 15:19:40;  author: jmz;  state: Exp;  lines: +30 -37
 * Never byte-compile ispell.el.

I see.

 * However I did not notice when you added the BUILD_DEPENDS line, this
 * is why I did not remove it :-)

Well, the last round of discussions started by someone complained
about the BUILD_DEPENDS line, so I assumed you knew about it. :)

 * ispell.el is still in the PLIST (and installed), and we can just create
 * ${PREFIX}/share/emacs/site-lisp/ in the pre-install target even if
 * emacs is not (yet) installed.

Yes, I think that is the right thing to do.  An extra directory or two
is not going to hurt (as much as the whole emacs, that is).

Satoshi