Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:11:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   question abot linux emulation in general

I am interested in doing some video editing, and after doing some
research have found out about broadcast 2000, which runs under Linux.

I downloaded the binary, which kind of runs but has some problems,
and I downloaded the source, but the compile erred after the first
few seconds.

So here is my question;

Can freebsd run everything that runs under linux?
If not what are the limitations?
Given my situation, is it worth my time
to try and get the binary going, or try and compile the source,
or is there just some packages in which you are out luck trying to run?

I would like to run freebsd only, but if I cannot make this happen,
I might have to stradle 2 systems.

any comments are welcome.