Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:41:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dwalton@psiint.com (Dave Walton)
Cc:        jerry@border.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Iomega Zip vs. SyQust EZ135 ?

> On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Jerry Kendall wrote:
>
> > At work we have a Zip drive, at home I have the EZ135...
> >
> > EZ135: faster, more capacity, true SCSI...
> > ZIP: ??????
>
> The implication here is "ZIP: not true SCSI".  What exactly do you mean
> by that?

I don't know what he means, but I know that instead of reporting itself
according to the SCSI spec and showing up a a drive that exists and
has removable media (and falling into the resource manager for insertion
events, etc.), the ZIP comes with special Windows95 TSD's you have to
load to make Windows95 recognize it.

This is incredibly annoying, IMO, since none of the Windows95 autoconfig
features will work correctly with the drive.  Damn shame, really, since
the Windows95 stuff is a lot better than what their TSD provides.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.