Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 1996 22:51:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Richard Chang)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hpscan

As Richard Chang wrote:

> > Is it really using /dev/scanner?  I thought the FreeBSD port were
> > using /dev/pt0 (the `processor target' device).  Try symlinking this
> > one to /dev/scanner, just in case.
>
> 	Hmmm, it doesn't say in the README anywhere.

Quite possible.  The README is most likely not much changed from the
original one.  The author has been using it against the uk0 device.

> > Needless to say, you need to have a kernel with a pt0 device.
>
> 	Oh okay... I wonder how well will the hpscan program work...

It works well for me, though the gamma correction seems to be buggy
for my 16 bpp display.  Since it does only affect the preview, i
haven't tried to correct this.

--
cheers, J"org