Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 06:02:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, reptco@chicagonet.net
Subject:   Re: BSD 2.2.5 - ahco board is not responding

> Hello Doug - and the folks at scsi@freebsd.org.  I have once again tried to install FreeBSD
> 2.2.5 from CD-ROM and I am still getting errors on ahc0.  I apologize in advance, I am very
> very frustrated.  I have spent three weeks trying to install this product.  It was easier
> installing version 1.0 than it is 2.2.5.  I would really like to get this working.  I don't
> want to have to send it back because it won't install on my system.

> >   [Hard drive (T)] ==========[ 68 pin controller port] ======
> >   [50 pin controller port]=====[tape drive]=====[CD ROM drive (T)]

Have you tried taking everything off the SCSI bus, except for the
disk drive?  I saw Doug ask you to take everything off the bus
except for one device, and try booting to see what setups work
and which ones don't.  When doing this, use manual termination
in Adaptec BIOS.

Be a minimalist - start out with a very small configuration and
keep adding things until it fails.  Be very sure of the termination
jumpers on your SCSI devices, and that you have quality cables.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org