Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:29:23 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <anholt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
Subject:   Re: 945GM graphics and mplayer

--=-HdZeV2dT7a+CpJB5xbRK

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 13:25 +0800, Ganbold wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have strange problem with my Dell Latitude D620 laptop which has 945GM=20
> chipset and onboard graphic card.
> I'm using September 30th RELENG_6.
>=20
> If I use acpi_video only, mplayer can only use "sdl" video output for=20
> full screen playing.
> If I use mnag@FreeBSD.org's i945 graphics support patch without using=20
> acpi_video, mplayer can use other video outputs for full screen playing=20
> but my mouse works in strange way, mouse pointer doesn't move, or moves=20
> very very slowly. I can see mouse goes over gnome applets (highlights)=20
> but I don't see pointer itself is moving.
> If I use mnag's patch and acpi_video together mplayer can use only "sdl"=20
> for full screen playing.

OK, I think in reading your email, I'll substitute "having acpi_video"
with "not having AGP loaded."  If you have acpi_video on RELENG_6, that
prevents your AGP from loading afaik.

So, if you have AGP loaded, you get a broken cursor, but playing XV
works fine?  Could you try the patch at
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/agp-i945-4.diff instead?  There were
cases where the original patch (along with Linux's code) could get the
aperture size wrong in my testing.  But then, testing 3 versions of the
code across 2-3 pieces of hardware and 2 OSes leaves me somewhat
confused as to what I've really tested, so no guarantees :)

> Is this strange behavior related to ACPI or something else?
>=20
> Also when I'm not starting /etc/rc.d/moused before going to X I can't=20
> use mouse in X.
> Is this problem related to X or ACPI?

X expects to use sysmouse by default.  If you don't have moused
providing mouse events, you won't get any.

--=20
Eric Anholt                             anholt@FreeBSD.org
eric@anholt.net                         eric.anholt@intel.com

--=-HdZeV2dT7a+CpJB5xbRK