Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 1995 16:26:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Charles Kenneth Green - PRC <chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiprocessor support

> on implementing multiprocessor support in freeBSD. The professor is very
> excited about this prospect but he is not sure if he'll be able to convince
> the C.S. department to "enhance" the rules so that this might be done.

I wonder what sorts of "enhancements" could conceivably be necessary
for a professor to implement a perfectly reasonable operating systems
research project?

The only person I know who has currently done any sort of hacking on
SMP is Jack Vogel <jackv@freebsd.org>, but be also warned that
Mr. Vogel is firmly governed by the laws of Heisenberg: You can plot
his position or you can plot his velocity, but you can never derive
them both simultaneously! :-)

					Jordan