Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:18:46 +0200
From:      Hank Hampel <lists@niamodnikufesin.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: coldsync-2.2.5 w/Palm m130 via USB ?

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

Hi Robert, Gary!

On (020927), Robert Blacqui=E8re wrote:
> I have tried that also but it seems my palm is just a ugen device...

Sorry for a little misinformation I spread with my last message. The
driver you have to use is uvisor (not ucom) which in turn presents you
a device ucom0.

> May be you could give also a a dmesg output?=20

Sure, here we go:
Sep 27 16:06:55 piglet /kernel: ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev
1.00/1.00, addr 3

> Or give more info...
> this is my output.
> Kernel has :  ucom, uplcom and uvscom devices/support
> Sep 27 13:04:51 dori /kernel: ugen0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev
> 1.00/1.00, addr 2

It is important that you don't let the ugen driver get the device.
This means you either should load uvisor (kldload uvisor) prior to
pressing the sync button (for e.g. in /etc/rc.local) or you should
configure usbd to load the driver (which means the first sync will
fail - or at least I don't know how to do it ;).

Put the following lines in /etc/usbd.conf for the second approach:
device "Palm m125"
   vendor  0x830
   product 0x0040
   release 0x0100
   attach "if ! kldstat -n uvisor > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then kldload uvisor; f=
i"

The m130 may have an other product id so check this with "usbdevs -v"
and alter the above accordingly.

Hope this helps a little bit more than my last message obviously did.
;-)

Sincerely yours, Hank

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--