Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 21:08:20 -0600
From:      David Crooke <dave@convio.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More info - Re: NEWBIE: Install problem - "no CD-ROM devices found",  ftp/NFS won't work, Dell GX1

The plot thickens - tried it on another model, a GXMT500, and it started
fine - the CD (Samsung SN-140) is detected as wdc1 and adcd0 (sp?) and
all proceeds well. The machine I tried it on had a Linux image I needed
so I didn't go through with an install, now to find another in the
cupboard....

So, the issue remains - what about small Samsung CD-ROM's does FreeBSD
not like? Why no ftp? I tried ftp to ftp.freebsd.org as well, using
passive (firewall issues), with the same problem, though I can connect
successfully from other OS'es on the same hardware and IP address.

Dave