Date:      Fri, 18 May 2018 21:45:55 +0200
From:      Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com>
To:        Theron <theron.tarigo@gmail.com>
Cc:        x11-list freebsd <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: drm-stable-kmod, OpenGL, and Linux binary compat

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 9:30 PM, Theron <theron.tarigo@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running 12-CURRENT with drm-stable-kmod on Intel.  Xorg and OpenGL
> work very well.  Linux compatibility layer also works for command line
> programs and for the simple Xorg apps (xclock, xeyes, xev, ...).  However,
> OpenGL from Linux binaries is broken:
> % /compat/linux/usr/bin/glxinfo | grep OpenGL
> libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
> libGL error: Version 4 or later of flush extension not found
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i915
> libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
> OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Unknown Intel Chipset
> OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 17.0.1
> OpenGL extensions:
>
> Whereas the expected output would agree with non-Linux glxinfo:
> % glxinfo | grep OpenGL
> OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (Skylake GT2)
> OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.0.2
> OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
> OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
> OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
> OpenGL core profile extensions:
> OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 18.0.2
>
> Running /compat/linux/usr/bin/glxgears freezes the graphical output of the
> system instantaneously, requiring reboot.  Strangely, these symptoms are
> identical to those of a problem last year which was related to
> FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics and ports/graphics/libdrm being in
> disagreement over the /dev/dri/card0 device numbers.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this?  It seems to be a bug in drm-stable-kmod
> itself that a userspace program can cause a complete lockup of the system's
> graphical output, but since this is only happening with linux compat, I am
> not sure.
>
> Theron

Hello,

that seems strange, works for me:

$  /compat/linux/usr/bin/glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.0.1
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 17.0.1
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:
21:42:15 0 andrnils@yoga:~

glxgears works as well.

Best regards