Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:36:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        doogie@anet-stl.com (Jason Young)
Cc:        ktsin@mail.singtel-yp.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ATA, HPT366 and UDMA66

It seems Jason Young wrote:

> I looked at this yesterday (we just got one in). The HighPoint controller
> has some specific initialization needs, just like the Promise controller.
>
> The Linux code doesn't seem terribly twisted, although I didn't have
> enough caffiene handy to try and interpret the logic and add it into the
> new ATA driver.
>
> I wonder if Soren (sorry, I don't know how to persuade my machine to spell
> your name correctly) would be interested in one so that he could work on
> supporting it? I would be happy to send one.. email me privately.

I have the docs, and have been promised that an Abit HotRot controller be
sent to me, but I havn't received it yet. So if you can get one out the
door asap that would be just fine (I really dont trust that other controller
to appear anytime soon...), just wrap it in neutral brown paper and
it should pass customs just fine :)

My snail mail addresss is:

	Soren Schmidt
	Soparken 61,  Klokkerholm
	DK9320 Hjallerup
	Denmark

-Soren (and yes today I'm on a 7bit line too :) )