Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:16:12 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        Dave Kayal <davek@yayproductions.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: network woes...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:45:10 -0800 (PST)
Dave Kayal <davek@yayproductions.com> wrote:

> HELP!  My system seems to be incredibly unstable.  I am usinging it as a
> gateway/router (running natd and ipfw).
> i've tried switching network cards incase it was a hardware problem,
> but to no avail. i'm at a loss of what to do at this point.

 When you switched Network Cards, did it also use the xl driver?

 I would change to a different network card that also uses a different
driver (that isn't xl)

 I've had this problem as well. Changing brands of NIC's solved the
watchdog timeout problems.

Gerry
Web-Domain Hosting / DNS Services
at http://www.interpool.ca