Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:23:57 +0600 (ALMT)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two bugs and suggestion for IPX stack

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> Do you have more changes as part of your ongoing work, or should we
> commit these immediately to simplify your work?

	These patches are minimal to make IPX usable for applications.
One patch that not submited, change structure of sockaddr_ipx:

struct sockaddr_ipx {
        u_char          sipx_len;
        u_char          sipx_family;
        struct ipx_addr sipx_addr;
-       char            sipx_zero[2];
+	u_char		sipx_pt;
+	char		sipx_zero;
};
	New field sipx_pt should be filled in ipx_input() subroutine.
There is also ability to pass it to ipx_output(), but it can affect
existing applications. That helps to deal with IPX packet types without
involving SO_HEADERS_ON_INPUT. With that, there is no additional patches.
So if introducing sipx_pt is correct, I can send this patch to commit with
others.

> > 	BTW, I mostly finish work on Netware client (typical throughput
> > about 730Kb/s on 10Mbit network). Higher rates is possible with packet
> > burst mode, so does any body know the details ?
>
> I can't help you with the details there, sorry.  Are you going to be
> able to release this code for us to use?  We'd be very happy indeed to
> see this available; anything else we can do to help?

	Of course, I will release this code next week (if nothing serious
happens :). And if someone can review and test fs part of code (it should
have _enough_ bugs, especially for paged IO) that will be very
helpfull.

--
Boris Popov