Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 14:59:10 +0100
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@telia.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: working video card listings?

bjp aka rbw wrote:

> does anyone know of a resource for finding out which video cards will work
> on the alpha platform?
>
> i have an Alphastation 200 4/233 that i would like to run X on... the only
> problem with this is that i can't find a decent video card that will work
> in this thing.  i have now tried 4 video cards in this box: Matrox MGA
> Atlas-2 (?? RAM), ATI 3D Rage II (4? MB RAM), Number Nine Revolution 3D
> (4 MB RAM), Creative Labs PCI TNT (16 MB RAM).  of those 4, the only one
> the alpha will use is the Matrox.  it's functional, but i was hoping to
> get a beefier video card to use for running X.

I have succesfully used S3Trio cards , Matrox Millenium II , Matrox G200
,
Fire Gl 1000 Pro. The best imho is the G200 , damn nice and fast in
1600x1200.

/Khaled, Telia SwedTel

Mail:   khaled@telia.net
Cell:   070-6785492
Work:   08-4567281

:hacker: /n./  [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]