Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 12:14:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org

> If anyone is prepared to take the position that it ain't broke, I would
> value a _concise_ justification of that position.
>
> If anyone mentions POSIX, I'm likely to go into a sulk :-|

I happen to disagree with the BSD interpretation of POSIX in this
regard.  SVR4 is certified POSIX compliant, and they don't do what
we do: they propagate group SIGHUP to all process group members.
You can argue until you are blue in the face that SVR4 is "wrong",
but to prove it to me you will have to get an SVR4 box to fail
POSIX compliance testing.  You can't argue with success.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---