Date:      Sat, 5 Mar 2011 20:49:14 +0000
From:      Dr Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
Cc:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XEN i386 with PAE and zfs, trouble?

On 4 Mar 2011, at 17:12, Simon Dick wrote:

>> Is this a sensible assumption? Can I rely on this being a stable =
configuration, or am I high?! :)
>=20
> Not sure if it's just me, but you lose a fair few of ZFSs features if
> you're not running it on actual hardware drives, etc, though I think
> what you're planning may work it's not a setup I'd like to run myself
> apart from to experiment with :)

You think? I reckon that there's lots going for it, partitioning and =
quotas, compression, snapshots, easy of upgrading (when I run out of =
space and need more), etc etc. The underlying drives will be mirrored =
already, so I don't need any mirror or raid functionality, but =
everything else would be nice :).

J.=