Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:24:57 -0800
From:      "Bruce H. Kwan" <Bruce.H.Kwan@jpl.nasa.gov>
To:        Niek Albers <nieka@dsv.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: booting NT and freeBSD

Hi-

I was wondering what are some of the difficulties
people have found in supporting a duel boot
NT/FreeBSD machine. I just got one started
up and noticed that when I try to use the
disk administrator in NT it states:

No signature found on Disk 0. Writing a signature is a safe operation
and will not affect the ability to access this disk from
other operating systems such as DOS.

I've never allowed this signature writing for fear that it
will mess up my boot manager that allows me to choose between
NT and Freebsd at startup. Does anybody know what would happen
if I did allow this signature writing to occur?

Thanks!

Bruce