Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 11:34:53 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Alex Kapranoff <root@kapran.bitmcnit.bryansk.su>
To:        unknown@riverstyx.net
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie tip

On Thu, 13 May 1999 unknown@riverstyx.net wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 1999, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:
> > Can you elaborate on that one? By switching to a different vconsole, do you
> > mean pressing Alt-F2 and then Alt-F1 again?
>
> Yep.  That should clear the scrollback info, as long as *BSD uses the VGA
> memory to handle the scrolling (I'm assuming).

  Not quite right. It would be stupid of system console driver if it did so.
My solution: just make a series of Enter hits after exit to fill the
scrollback buffer with lots of login prompts ;-) and to push away your tracks.
The buffer is not endless (its size is configured in kernel config file).

--
Alex Kapranoff,
Voice: +7(0832)469245.