Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 23:08:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jbryant@server.iadfw.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: ANy one useing ft driver under 2.0 current???

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> ...  All told, it's one of those parts of our system that I'd
> quality as a "trouble spot" - something that needs to be ripped out
> screaming by the roots and essentially reimplemented (or at least
> rengineered).

...but not for 2.1.

For a post-2.1 system, i'd suggest to implement the whole fdc/fd/ft
mess more rational, something like separate fd and ft drivers layered
on top of a shared fdc driver.  Btw., the current picture does
horribly fail if someone wants to config(8)ure a floppy tape device
without also having a floppy disk drive.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/