Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2020 12:29:50 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Cc:        Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPI4 Install r357606 test 09.02.2020 failed

On 2020-Feb-10, at 11:26, bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 02:48:14PM -0800, Mark Millard via freebsd-arm =
wrote:
>>=20
>>=20
>> If you want a build that works, use the kernel from head
>> -r356767 . The next head version ( -r356776 ) is where
>> the broken status starts for RPi4 and RPi3. RPi4B's with
>> 4 GiBYTes of RAM fail to boot. As I understand, at least
>> some forms of RPi3 boot but are messed up, such as only
>> running 1 core. (Not surprising given the PSCI version
>> problem which happens there as well.)
>=20
> Ran into a spot of trouble on RPi3. Managed to build and=20
> install the -r356776 kernel and run a single-user buildworld.
>=20
> Unfortunately, the machine reported the "invalid pmap" panic
> during installworld. Now it stalls on boot and can't find
> any alternative kernels.=20

The following copies of the head -r356767 kernel materials
are available, and likely will be so for about a year:

=
https://artifact.ci.freebsd.org/snapshot/head/r356767/arm64/aarch64/kernel=
.txz
=
https://artifact.ci.freebsd.org/snapshot/head/r356767/arm64/aarch64/kernel=
-dbg.txz

Presuming the microSD card that needs a kernel
is mounted on /mnt :

# mv /mnt/boot/kernel /mnt/boot/kerbad
# tar -xpf PATH-FOR/kerenel.txz -C/mnt
# tar -xpf PATH-FOR/kerenel-dbg.txz -C/mnt
# umount /mnt

You might want to remove /mnt/boot/kernel instead
or to use some other name than kerbad.

You might not want to update the debug information
to match the -r356767 kernel.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com