Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 1995 22:56:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay)
Cc:        julian@ref.tfs.com, terry@lambert.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FYI

> > neat.. so xxx is running on the 2nd processor?

[ ... ]

> Hey what about the two most important questions?
> 1. Are we going to see it in the cvs tree at some stage?
> 2. If we are, when? :-)))
>
> Jokes aside, I am realy interrested. My machine at home have a dual pentium
> motherboard. It only need a second processor.

I need someone who cares about Intel page tables to look at the
locore.s.  Trying to move to the most recent -current from stuff
that's maybe a month old blow up.  Basically, I'm working on
somone elses code with a less than perfect knowledge of the SMP
memory design (other than there is a dual mapped memory window).

If I cheat an use a counter and basically start two idle procs and
murder the process from the fork for the second one, then I'm fine,
but this is a hell of a kludge with some very obvious races in it.
If I start the second process by going into "secondary_main" from
finishing the init, I get an integer divide by 0 fault.  8-(.

That's why the idle0/idle1 didn't show in the ps I posted. 8-(.

The kernel debuggers can't go in as it sits, I'd like to fix that.

The code needs a cleanup for generalization for 'n' processors.  There
are a lot of hacks specific to 2 of them.  I can do everything but the
page tables.

I'm too busy learning about other processors right now to learn enough
about Intel to do the work myself right now.

So nothing is going in immediately.

Anyone want to hack a locore.s?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org