Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:03:49 -0300 (EST)
From:      Luiz Gustavo <os2krnl@aux-tech.net>
To:        Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>
Cc:        T6nU <tonuj@ttg.edu.ee>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: what the hell?

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Jimmy Olgeni wrote:

T6nU> this is weird problem.... not very often, but still if I switch from
T6nU> X to console it prints green uppercase letter "D" and machine freezes.
T6nU> at least on my machine: freebsd 4.2 relase, xfree86 v4.02  and creative
T6nU> lab's voodoo banshee video card

jimmy> Me too, with XFree 4.0.3 and 4.3 stable, same video board. It happens
jimmy> on Linux too, so it really looks like a XFree problem. At least my
jimmy> machine doesn't hang :o)

Im running 4.3-stable, XFree4.0.3, creative voodoo banshee and DRI.
Rock stable. Only q3a hang sometimes... ;)

Gustavo
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve!" - http://www.freebsd.org