Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:56:39 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   w3m(1) writes garbage to the screen

The docproj port now uses w3m instead of lynx but w3m doesn't seem to
work properly on the console.

If I load an html file whose first 2 links are:

     foo

     bar

I see (``[]'' is the cursor):

      1001s1000h[]

      bar

Moving to the next link (using TAB), I see:

      foo1s1000h1000l1001r

      1001s1000h[]

$TERM is set to ``cons25'' and I've tried it with ``cons25l1'' as
well. It works fine in an xterm so I figure it's a termcap setting
that's the cause. I've just (last night) cvsup'd -STABLE and done a
make world.

marder-1# uname -a
FreeBSD marder-1 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #0:
Sun Dec 26 22:12:34 GMT 1999
root@marder-1:/usr/src/sys/compile/MARDER-1  i386
marder-1# pv -v | grep w3m
w3m-991203                  =   up-to-date
marder-1#

Any idea what is wrong?

--
	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"