Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 21:31:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      vivivi <hendrix@cockatoo.aus.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   motherboard change, date moving very slow

Hi, I'm running 3.0-980311 and recently my pentium TX motherboard died
so I replaced it with a VX from another machine.
I had had the option CLK_USE_TSC_CALIBRATION in my kernl

(Dont know if its relevant)
anyways with this VX motherboard the date is moving very slowly, about
1 second for every 8-10 seconds of actual time.
I am not sure how to fix this and would appreciate any pointers.
all i have tried so far is using the option TSC_CALIBRATION and
I8254_CALIBRATION, but I'm not even sure if they are related to it.
I'm running ntpdate every 5 minutes but its going slow enough that
to realisticly keep time I have to do it every 30 seconds!

Any ideas/suggestions would be really really appreciated...

Luke