Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:23:36 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        reg@dwf.com
Cc:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>, questions@freebsd.org, reg@deneb.dwf.com, Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@shaneware.biz>
Subject:   Re: Where is the source?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 16:46:59 -0700
reg@dwf.com wrote:

> The src.txz file in your note is what I needed.
> Unfortunately, on trying to do the build of the NVIDIA driver, it
> only works with FreeBSD 10 not 10.1, so running down the source
> only got me one step closer before erroring out.

It certainly ought to build OK on 10.1, that's what I have here with
nvidia-driver-304 built from ports. Building from ports is the only
way because there's no package available, due I think to licensing
restrictions.

curlew:/home/mike% freebsd-version -ku
10.1-RELEASE-p5
10.1-RELEASE-p5
curlew:/home/mike% pkg info -x nvidia
nvidia-driver-304-304.125

Could it be that you have the wrong version of the kernel sources?

--
Mike Clarke