Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2017 10:34:15 +0100
From:      "Norman Gray" <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>
To:        "Jim Thompson" <jim@netgate.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SoC with multiple ethernet ports

Jim, hello.

On 5 Apr 2017, at 22:49, Jim Thompson wrote:

> With this in-mind, and knowing that the software was coming together,
> one
> day, about a year ago, I asked Steve how difficult it would be to put
> the
> PHYs, magnetics and RJ45s on uBMC.
> There's more to it than that, of course, but that was the high-level
> concept. The result is uFW:
> http://www.adiengineering.com/products/micro-firewall/
> which we sell as the "sg-1000":
> https://www.netgate.com/products/sg-1000.html

This is wonderful -- all that, and a pretty box, too!

(the only downside of this conversation is that I now have to wrangle
with our requisitions system -- the UI the 90s forgot)

Thanks also to Mori and Russell for suggestions.  The Solid Run hardware
looked very nice, and it's good news that FreeBSD will be running on
those, too, before long.

Best wishes,

Norman

--