Date:      Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:46:51 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>, Michael <cadaver@tucu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: allowing ftp logins but not shell logins

There is also a shell which is called ftponly (from /usr/ports)I believe
So once you adduser

It will prompt you to use sh or csh or ftponly

Correct me if I am wrong about this.

On Sat, 08 Jul 2000, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
> > What I would like to have is something where persons can drop off files in
> > a certain directory and the files would be owned by a user foo or by a
> > group foo. How can I go about setting this up. Pointers to man pages or
> > anything else would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I can't tell you whether or not it's the *best* way, but you can make
> their login shell /usr/bin/false, which means that a succesful login
> merely runs false and exits . . .
>
> hawk

You are not authorized to use my email address for any purpose.
This is a violation of my privacy. Unsolicited
mail/posts is a "theft of service". Remove my email
address from your databases immediately.

You are only authorized to use my email address only in
conjunction with address the issue in this email.