Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 14:40:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, ache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggested change to apache port

On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Chuck Robey wrote:

> directory to exist using the BUILD_DEPENDS stuff, which would get the
> fetch/patch/whatever done for you.  That part at least is simpler now
> that that used in those old tcl/tk things, which used to do cd's and
> makes (I found that real ugly!)

But wouldn't build depends go into ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache and do a make
install ?  If someone had made modifications to their webserver and then
made mod_perl, they'd end up with an httpd binary containing just mod_perl
and not their previous configured modules.

Do we have to admit that the existing ports system doesn't lend itself to
people who stray from the baseline ports ?

--
j.