Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:33:32 -0500 (GMT)
From:      Sean Welch <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To:        Peter Grehan <peterg@ptree32.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Attempting to cross-compile newest -CURRENT

Thanks much!  I've made the corresponding changes to my
environment so I think I'm ready to go.

By the way, I added -DNO_WERROR to the list on O'Brien's
suggestion.  I removed the -DNOFORTH option; should I also
remove the -DNO_FORTH option?  If not, what is the difference?

I did run into another rather strange problem yesterday
and I'm not sure what to do about it.  I'm going to have
I think.

I stopped a cross-compile in the middle and then restarted.
I got a kernel panic and was dropped down into the debugger
with a complaint that a directory didn't exist (or some such).
I glanced at the kernel dump but didn't save it.  After
rebooting into single user mode I ran fsck manually (been
having bad results with background fsck lately) and ended up
finding that my /usr/obj contained "unexpected softupdate
inconsistency"s.  I had it fix them and got everything
running again but now I have a directory that shows empty
using every swich on ls but refuses to be removed (even with
a force and after a chflags) with a message that the directory
isn't empty.  ?!?!  I can change the name but not move it to
another partition.

Any suggestions before I mail the current list?  I was really
hoping not to have to newfs this thing and start over.  It
doesn't seem to be hurting anything and I suppose I could try
to rename it to something else and just live with it....

                                                    Sean