Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 15:02:33 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <rbp@chat.ru>
Subject:   IPX/NCP support in 4.0

Is there any better documentation on 4.0's IPX/NCP support and what's
required to make it go?

I have options IPX and options NCP in my kernel configuration.

ifconfig xl0 ipx <ipxnetnum> up

running IPXrouted -t shows some small-time IPX traffic

running ncplist s [server] can't seem to find anything.  My ipx network
is functioning, a netware client on the same link shows servers fine,
and netware servers show this netnumber showing up.

The IPX networks are linked via Cisco equipment and a Win98 client
running Client 32 v3.21 works just dandy, so I know I have reliable IPX
routing taking place.

Some questions:  What frame type does Freebsd support and can it be set?
The README from netipx says its Ethernet_II, I've rotated through all
the frame types (802.2, 802.3, E_II) on the Cisco's ethernet interface
with no luck.

I'd love to RTFM if someone will show me where the FM is.  The manpages
are sparse on getting the networking part up.  I'd even write a FAQ
entry if I could get it working.

-Shawn