Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2018 10:08:46 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?BERTRAND_Jo=c3=abl?= <joel.bertrand@systella.fr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   [diskless] pkg takes 100% of a CPU

	Hello,

	I have installed a diskless FreeBSD (11.1-RELEASE). This workstation
runs a customized kernel to use Realtek re driver as I have seen some
bugs in FreeBSD one's.

	Since I have upgraded 11.0 to 11.1, each night, pkg stalls and takes
100% of a CPU :

PID USERNAME    THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE   C TIME  WCPU COMMAND
65609 root        1 103    0 51320K 12956K CPU1  1 425:16  98.43% pkg

	I can removed this command from crontab, but I'm pretty sure there is a
bug somewhere between FreeBSD, pkg and nfs root. For information, my
server runs NetBSD 8 (thus root nfs is mounted with v3/TCP).

	Best regards,

	JB