Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:18:32 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <yongari@kt-is.co.kr>
To:        Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: esp driver complains

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:42:22PM +0100, Koop Mast wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > On my Ultra 2 I get the following below.
 > The box works like it should but its complaining about something.
 > I don't know when this turned up but this wasn't there in 5.3-R or in
 > older -current builds.

There was a change in esp(4) driver.

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/esp          esp_sbus.c ncr53c9x.c
  Log:
  The existing locking in the esp driver appears to be fairly adequate, so
  set the interrupt handler to be INTR_MPSAFE now that xpt_done() can be
  called without Giant.  Giant is still on the top half of the driver and
  the timeout handlers.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.9       +1 -1      src/sys/dev/esp/esp_sbus.c
  1.8       +0 -2      src/sys/dev/esp/ncr53c9x.c

I had no problems with these changes on Ultra2. But it's worthwile to
back out and check whether it helps.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon