Date:      Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:05:20 +0200
From:      Kaspar Schleiser <kaspar.schleiser@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad X31 ACPI Problems

Hello Everybody!

I installed FreeBSD 6.0-RC1 on my Thinkpad X31. Installation was pretty
easy, all the hardware worked out of the box or after loading the right
kernel modules.

Only ACPI is giving me some issues. I spent many hours searching for
information, but couldn't solve the problems.
Perhaps you have some ideas?

1. Suspend doesn't turn off the laptop backlight.
I read something about a patched version of acpi_video that uses DPMS to
turn off the screen. Does that work on 6.0-RC1, too?

2. In suspend mode, the system drains a lot of battery and the CPU gets
REALLY hot. Nearly burnt the system...
How can I set up the right CPU throtteling?

Thanks for any help!

Kaspar