Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:11:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Ben Speirs <igiveup@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Roasting Newbies

Ben Speirs once wrote:

> I will be tracking him down to buy him** a beer so he will keep it the
> way it  is. Those of us  who do our homework,  searching the archives,
> deja.com, man pages,  etc. should not have to jump  through a bunch of
> hoops to use the lists.

Perhaps, an  automatic message (with  pointers, etc.) should be  sent in
response to an e-mail coming back from a not-yet-seen address?

Also, some frequently spammed news-groups and mailing lists have adopted
a practice of requiring every posting to contain a special word (such as
FBSD).  The  way  we  can  use  this would  be:  "if  you  post  from  a
non-registered address,  add FBSD at  the end  of the subject  line". Is
this to narrow of a hoop?

	-mi